Facebook is in the news again, for all the wrong reasons. An article on The Verge shares the story of one of Facebook's content moderation sites, and how having to watch horrific videos all day is taking its toll on the mental health of the contractors working there.
This article comes out the same week as Facebook announcing their new cryptocurrency platform. So will this impact what is undoubtedly an important addition to the platform, or can Facebook ride the bad PR around the network once again?
In this week's show, we discuss the damage The Verge article could do, and whether businesses should be rethinking their relationship with Facebook while news articles like this exist.
We also talk about Facebook's new cryptocurrency and the partners they're working with to bring it to market, and how that changes our use of the network, and what it could mean for the future of e-commerce.
Settle back and enjoy this week’s topic, brought to you in the usual unscripted manner that you’ve come to expect when Sam and Danny take the mic.
Mentioned on this week's show:
- Paddle On Session Ale from Lake of Bays Brewing
- Bodies in Seats - The Verge
- The Trauma Floor - The Verge
- The Friendship Bench
- Mental health and social media - the stats
- Facebook's new cryptocurrency platform
- Liverpool FC Champion's League victory
- Toronto Raptors NBA Champions
- Dark social
- Facebook encrypted one-to-one messaging
Support Marketing on Tap: